Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Meditate

So that we may know God better and feel His quiet power
Let us daily keep in silence a meditation hour
For to understand God's greatness and to use His Gifts everyday
The soul must learn to meet Him in a meditative way
For our father tells is Children that if they would know His Will,
They must seek Him in silence when all is calm and still

For Nature's greatest forces are found in quiet things
Like softly falling snowflakes drifting down on Angel's wings
Or petalsdropping soundlessly from a lovely full-blown rose
So God comes closest to us when our souls are in repose
So let us plan with prayerful care to always allocate
A certain portion of each day to be still and meditate

For when everything is quiet and we're lost in meditation
Our soul is then preparing for a deeper dedication
That will make it wholly possible to quietly endure
The violent world aorund us
FOR IN GOD WE ARE SECURE
- adapted
Quote of the post
"In quiet and confidence is your strenght" -Isaiah 30:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am curious that why people want success, rich, mediation, etc. For me, mediation means being, not becoming. By the way, how did I find your blog? I just type curious mind unconcious. HA!
My blog: http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/leewhitney1976,
written in Chinese for recording special dreams. And I am curious that how old are you? (because you know unconciousness) I am 32 or have lived in earth for 32 years already.

Thirty + said...

Meditation, that is one thing I struggle with. I wish I could just be quiet.