Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Genesis - why don't we wanna think, huh?

Today, I begin my life as a blogger...a thinking blogger...an imagining blogger. It took me some time to actually decide to do this - despite blogging being one of the latest online fads. Why's that? I wondered. The best answer I could come up with is…because I’m not sure I’ll update my blog daily!

I'll try.
 
Welcome to my blog

Anyway, this blog's purpose is to inspire us to think and imagine! Duh..., who doesn't do that? Believe me a staggering lot. I mean human beings like me and you and going by Mr. Pareto’s principle, only 20% of the world’s population thought of 80% of the things that have made life so easy now and the rest of us sing their praises!

A times I wonder why the creator gave us all brains! It got to a point that I had to voice this issue out among some buddies. One of us said “so that we won’t always trouble him with our problems”. “Well, that’s if we use them” another person remarked and we all laughed it off.

Now don’t get me wrong. I know the number of times a day I tap my head and say to myself “Think, Think, Think” before I actually take a moment to sit down, think and plan ahead for whatever.

We generally just wanna wake up and be on the move… Runs man…Action chick. Most times, we do this to our disadvantage.

But really, why don’t we take some time out to think – especially before we commit a spontaneous and stupid, emotional act??

Generally, people who think things through seem to be in control, they fare better and usually have some sought of back up plan and we tend to look at them as smart guys. In reality, the ability to think it’s something we’ve all been blessed with!

I remember the movie “The Odyssey” when the goddess Athena was praising Odysseus for not rushing home to his wife and kingdom that were on the verge of being taken over by another. She said if it were other men they would have and this act (that seems like the right thing to do after 17years of absence) would have led to their deaths.

Earlier also, another god (of the Wind) was saying they’ve all heard of Odysseus because he is the only mortal that uses his mind!

The thing about thinking is that it stretches the Mind and the human mind has something in common with the Universe…the potential to expand.

Anyway, before I say Au revior, lemme just add some quotes on thinking

“As a man thinketh in his Heart, so his he” – The Bible

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." – Buddha

"As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."- Origin Unknown


Anway 'nuff quoted, I hope I spend sometime to think before I do anything for the rest of today. Ah ah! It’s so easy to blog about thinking and not think you know!

Meanwhile, am I the last person to notice I’ve not said anything about imagining?

Let’s leave that for another day.

Bye … I mean Au revior.

2 comments:

Idemili said...

I'm going to check if you're male of female...

Unknown said...

nice one Sege, this is Gbenga Faniku. i have spent the last 30 minutes on your blog page and i think i am leaving a better and different person for it. i have learnt that as a man thinketh so he becomes. i have also learnt not to judge people, or even myself, by the limitations of my past but rather, by the possibilities of their future. i know that we will remain who we are twenty years from now if we don't change. we are only changed by the people we meet and the books we read. thanks for your blog.It's impacted another life. i think it's worth it, if it impacts one life at a time. one love. Faniku.